As we all know dandruff is a skin condition that makes it treatable. But that doesn’t change the fact that having dandruff problems is troublesome. Getting rid of dandruff has always been a big issue because dandruff can lead to some other skin problems such as some facial issues because they spread/fall. I know, every other day there is a new company that claims to have the right product for you for your dandruff problems.
What causes Dandruff?
It is believed that severe dandruff cases are caused due to a number of genetic and environmental factors and this condition can worsen in winter. Another major factor that plays a very important role in the increase of dandruff that is poor hygiene. The skin layers keep replacing themselves, old cells die and flake off. In normal cases, these flakes are too small to be visible. While in some severe cases the flakes are too much to notice.
The reason responsible for dandruff formation:
- Sebum secretion(skin oil)
- Metabolic by-products of skin microorganisms: a scalp specific fungus, Malassezia globose, is known to cause dandruff.
- Allergic sensitivity
Treatment for dandruff:
A list of top 5 anti-dandruff shampoos:
1. WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo: this product contains apple cider vinegar that can manage the oily scalp. It is efficient in managing the ph of your hair. Using the product twice a week can help repair many other issues regarding hair such as split ends.
2. DEGREASE SHAMPOO FOR OILY HAIR AND SCALP: this product helps in the reduction of oil secretion of your scalp and can reduce oily scalp. As we all discussed before, an oily scalp is one of the main reasons for dandruff. Head and Shoulders Green Apple.
3. Head and Shoulders Green Apple Anti-Dandruff 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner: head and shoulder have been one of the trust brands for years. I remember this brand existed from my early childhood days. It can fight and remove flakes from our hair and keep your scalp clean. It has multi-symptom relief, which means it works on flakes, dryness, and itchiness. It is a 2 in 1 formula that can balance your ph level.
4. Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo: a product that claims to help you get rid of 90% of your hair problems. Neutrogena has been one of the top brands for many years so we can all trust their claims. It is a shampoo that can be used on all hair types and can also be used on color-treated hair. It is recommended to use this shampoo Once a week.
5. R+Co Oblivion Clarifying Shampoo: This shampoo is very effective in treating excess oil in your scalp. It does not have harmful chemicals and is free from paraben, sulfate, petroleum, mineral oil, gluten, and cruelty. It locks the moisture in your scalp and sent let your scalps become dry. It also makes your hair soft and glossy.
5 Natural ingredients to get rid of dandruff:
1. Baking soda: wet your hair and rub a handful of baking soda in your scalp, do not shampoo after that go rinse it using water. your scalp will start producing natural oils, leaving your hair softer and free of flakes.
2. Apple cider vinegar: the acidity of apple cider vinegar changes the pH value of your scalp. A quarter cup of vinegar and water, mix them together and apply it on your scalp, then wrap your head in a towel and let it sit for 15 minutes to an hour and wash your hair as usual. Repeat this twice a week.
3. Coconut oil: coconut can be found in every home and is one of the most trusted products for generations. Apply 3-5 tablespoon of coconut oil on your hair and let it sit for an hour and rinse it afterward. You can also look for a shampoo that already contains coconut oil.
4. Lemon: Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with a cup of water and apply it on your scalp and then rinse it with water. Apply it daily until your dandruff disappears.
5. Aloe vera: as well known aloe vera as almost an all-rounder plant. There are several ways and usage of aloe vera but when it come s to hair it works miraculously. It can help in fighting itching and leaves a cooling effect. Before using shampoo apply aloe vera gel to your hair and leave it for 10 mittens and then wash it.
These were some efficient methods of removing dandruff permanently from your hair and also stop them from coming back. Let us know if any of these were useful to you, thank you.